Monday 23 May 2011

Red Velvet Cake with cream cheese frosting

So for my first cake appearance on this blog i thought i would try something i have never made before therefore i decided to bake a Red Velvet Cake. I love Red Velvet Cake but i never seem to be able to find it at a Bakery or cafe so it has been on my to make list for quite some time. Its quite a unique cake with it bright red appearance and its combination between a chocolate and butter cake. The first time i tasted Red Velvet cake was while i was in America. I feel in love with it instantly as i have always been a fan of really dense, moist cakes. I have to say my cake did not disappoint. As i was making the mixture it was quite thick and was different to my usual cake mixture. I thought i was about to have my first real cake disaster but when it came out of the oven in was light and moist and perfect.
I love this cream cheese frosting, it is the perfect finish to a moist cake and works great with carrot or banana cake.

2 comments:

  1. You always make be so hungry! I wish I was there to eat your master pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was from Mea by the way!

    ReplyDelete